Thursday 21 July 2011

2. What did you learn from participating in the workshop?

Most importantly, the day gave me a great impression of what it was like to be on set. I really enjoyed being ‘backstage’, either taking photos to document the day, or helping with filming. I had a go at ‘cable-bashing’, which allowed me an insight into the role of a cameraman and as I was closer to the director I learnt about what thoughts go into getting a good shot – focus, exposure and framing were very important and often mentioned.


It was great to see everything that we had leanrt about in class come together on a real set. We had been told about tracks, cranes and different lighting, lenses and cameras but hadn't put this knowledge into practise in a professional environment yet, so it was helpful to see all this technical equipment in real.



Also, I learnt that working togethe on a project and bringing it to life is incredibly rewarding, although there may some bumps in the road. Being organised and prepared for anything is key!



No comments:

Post a Comment